FICRA will be holding a Student Award Competition in 2017. The competition is open only to students residing on Fox Island who are entering their junior/senior years in high school; or freshman/sophomore years in college/trade school.
The competition will include both a written submission and a presentation on the topic "A Plan for Youth Activities and Volunteerism for Fox Island". The presentations will be made at the Nichols Community Center on April 11, 2017 at 6:00pm. If you are unable to be present at the April 11 meeting, you may publish your presentation to YouTube and it will be shown at the meeting.
The presentations and papers will be evaluated by a panel of three judges. FICRA will award $1,000 to the First Place presentation, $750 to Second Place and $250 to Third Place.
Completed application forms, digital copies of papers, and links to online presentations (if applicable) must be received by April 4, 2017 to be considered for the award competition. The presentation and paper should conform with the following guidelines:
- Speakers will stand at a podium and use a microphone during their presentation.
- Speakers should introduce themselves briefly at the beginning of their presentation.
- Presentations will be limited to 10 minutes in length.
- Papers should be typed/printed in 12 point font and should not exceed 3 pages in length.
- A copy of the paper in digital format (Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or Adobe pdf format) should be EMailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- Applicants agree that their name and paper/presentation may be published on the FICRA website and in other local publications.
To apply for the Speaker Competition, you will need to submit an application form, a digital copy of your presentation paper, and a link to your online presentation (if appropriate) to email@example.com. A signed copy of your completed application form should also be mailed to the address below. The final date to submit your 2017 application is APRIL 4, 2017. We look forward to seeing your application!
FICRA - Student Speaker Competition Application
P.O. Box 25
Fox Island, WA 98333
FICRA 2017 Student Award Competition Application Form
The application form is a fillable PDF form that may be completed and saved using the free Adobe Reader. The form may not work correctly if you try to open it in your web browser instead of using the desktop version of Adobe Reader. If you are using a Windows 8 or 8.1 system with a touch screen, you will receive error messages when you fill in the form fields unless you disable Touch Screen Mode in Adobe Reader. Instructions for disabling Touch Screen Mode are available here.